You are a Pandya
- You prefer to talk to people from your own culture instead of people from other cultures
- You only speak when spoken to. You do not like to start conversations with outsiders
- You are always very formal. You say ‘sir’ or ‘madam’ and never use first names only. You always use ‘please’ ‘thank you’ ‘excuse me’ and so on.
- Women have more status than men. Women should always accompany men
- Men do not talk directly to women from another culture. They talk through the woman who is with them.
- Men also do not make eye contact with women from other cultures and if a women touches a man, it is scary. Your woman companion should take you away quickly.
- It is scary when a woman from another culture tries to talk to you.
- Men do talk to other men.
- Among your own people, you can speak to men and women freely.
- You like to have very short conversations. You do not like to talk for a long time. If someone tries to talk to you for a long time, you will walk away.
You are a Chispa
- You are an informal and friendly culture. You like to talk to new people.
- You call everyone by their first name
- You use a lot of slang and informal expressions.
- Men and women are equal in your culture and there are no separate roles
- You are very outgoing. You like making friends and talking to people from other cultures.
- You like to talk for a very long time. If someone walks away, you follow them and keep talking.
- You believe it is good for women to talk to men and men to talk to women, especially from outside cultures. That way everyone learns something.
- You like to touch people, shake hands, touch the shoulder while you are talking to someone.